To talk/ To say: baat karanaa (बात करना)
Posted by ilearnhindi on December 17, 2008
2. baat karanaa: feminine. To talk is classified with feminine gender in Hindi. To talk or To say is a ‘SHE’.
Tip to remember: I have to confess, I talk way more than my husband. I ask the same question, “so, how was school today?” to my kids after school. My 11 year old daughter is full of stories and takes most of the commute time telling her stories of the day whereas my 10 yr. old son gives me the same answer “it was good.” If I had not asked him to talk in full sentences, I know I will hear “good” “Ok” “same as yesterday” at the most. Therefore baat karanaa , to talk is not wrong in being classified as feminine.
(1) vo achchhii baate^ karataa hai. (He says good things.)
(2) mujhe us se baat karanii hai. ( I have to talk to him/her)
(3) Ram se baat karanii hai. ( I have to talk to Ram)
(4) Sheela bahut der se baat kar rahii hai. ( Sheela is talking for a long time)
(5) Ram ne bahut kharaab baat kii (Ram said something really bad)